William Meredith had lived at Salt Pan Creek and worked the land for many years and it was not until Charlotte his wife tried to subdivide and sell the land, they found they did not own it. The land had been sold by Frederick Meredith Snr. many years before, and unfortunately he had not told William of this. Frederick Meredith, the first son of William, was allowed to keep his part of the land because he had worked this land for so long thinking that it was his. Today, the old dairy which was part of the land grant in 1810 is known as Punchbowl Park.
Image: Frederick Meredith Descendants’ Association Archives